Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Turn from the destruction

I pray that this get's out to you, that it get's through to the deepest part of your heart.

I had a dream that I was walking through this high school, in some part of the United States somewhere, in a town I have never been to. As I walked I became aware that I had to use the restroom and so I made my way to the front of the building where there was this little one person restroom that was maybe only 4 ft. wide without  even a sink or anything in it. As I used the restroom someone suddenly opened the door and said "Oh, I'm sorry I just wanted to see if anyone was in here". And as the person walked off, failing to shut the door, I looked out the door reaching for the handle and I saw a group of young people, teenagers and kids standing around with cell phones out and cameras out looking up at something with exclamations of "oh man this is going on youtube" and so I looked over at what they were so excited about, and when I looked up I saw four tornadoes touching down to the earth, spinning violently and tearing through buildings. I realized that these four tornadoes (which were each distinct in color) were heading straight for us. So I started to yell at these kids to shut the door! And get inside! RUN, but they didn't hear me, and it was too late. These tornadoes hit, I could hear them, they sounded like 100 freight trains coming straight for us, the earth shook with the violent force of them. I knew that destruction was right on top of us, but it was too late, suddenly I could see chairs flying about, and mind you, I am still standing in this restroom, but there are big pieces of lumber and plywood crashing through the walls and I have now been lifted off of the floor. I could feel myself being slammed back and forth by the force of these storms and I wondered, what happened to those young people standing by the door?

Will you turn from the destruction? And find refuge in the arms of the Lord?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381398/US-storms-297-dead-thousands-homes-destroyed-tornado-outbreak.html

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110505/NEWS21/110505011/2275/RSS05

These articles are from the same time, one from the same week, of this dream. I have watched a trend unfold in front of my eyes, and all I ask is that we consider our position and our eternity. It is not my job to push religion or to condemn or judge, those who know me know that with my old lifestyle I would have no room to judge anyone in their lives. I know Who changed me, and it was not myself. I know that Jesus Christ is real, and that He is still performing miracles through us. But what is your stand? Believer or not, this question is equal to each of us. I have to ask myself that question everyday "What is my stand?" am I going to resort to the addictions and lifestyle of abuse that I was enslaved to? Believing that there is no point either way, and that I control my destiny? No, of course not that idea was stripped from me in the jail cell, I was not in control of that. But where is God in all of this?

Standing right in front of us all this time. He never left, we turned our backs.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting dream about the tornado. You may want to read this sometime:

    "Betraying Israel Brings Destruction on the United States"

    http://tim-shey.blogspot.com/2011/05/betraying-israel-is-foolish.html

    ReplyDelete